Was I WRONG for canceling my baby shower?

My mom asked my girlfriend if she would go in on a baby shower with her for me. She said she would. Well the problem is both woman are strong willed and very opinionated ! My girlfriend wants to have it at her house and my mother wants it at my house. My friend wants to do the invites but my mom wants to do them. Any ways I can just see where this is headed........... Neither one of them have money to even be throwing a shower......... My dh offered to send emails to some of my closer friends and invite them to a meet the baby luncheon at a nice hotel. {This is my fifth}....Anyways he said he would send the emails and make the calls and purchase the food. This sounds so much less stressful! I canceled the shower and told them how much I truly appreciated the offer but I wanted all of us to be stress free. My mom was fine with it but my friend seemed really annoyed. Was I wrong ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You are not wrong at all. I was close to canceling mine because too many opinionated people who refused to listen to what it was I wanted were involved and couldn't get along to do it together. I just wanted 1 simple shower and people weren't willing to work together for me or my child, so now I'm stuck with 2 showers that I don't even want to go to. Not looking forward to it at all. At least you are doing what you want because when it comes down to it the get-together is supposed to celebrate you and your baby, it's not supposed to be about other people causing you stress.
    pinkie8986

Answer by pinkie8986 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think you were absolutely right to do so. What your DH planned sounds perfect.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• ur right! less drama the better! i had 3 baby showers cuz everyone couldnt agree with just one! my mom did one, my mother in law did another and then my girlfriends did the last one! it was crazy!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• nope. This is your deal and if you don't want the party, you don't have to have it.
    there's a lot of people who feel you only get a shower for your first baby anyhow.
    I think the luncheon works.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2010