attachment to other adults, anyone else going threw this or have already gone threw this?

my oldest son has two of our friends he calls his buddies. one use to live next door to us and he would see on almost every day and the other one works with my husband. he will ask if we are going to see them today, and if we so i don't know, maybe or no, he will go and start crying and throwing a fit. I do not know if this cause his dad works so much or he just likes to have people around. The two friends of ours like to come and visit, but are not always around due to work. i am at a lost, i do not not know what to do anymore or why he gets so upset, if we can't see them today.

krauseboys

Asked by krauseboys at 9:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I had that problem with my son but slowly we explained they were adults and had to work just like us. He still liked them but he understood.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• One of best friends started watching my 7 year old daughter last year, there was not crying but other stuff like instead of me being her cell wallpaper it was my friend. Eventually it stopped. And all is at peace.
    JBOYD4

Answer by JBOYD4 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• it has nothing to do with people at work, he understands this. it's when they are not at work he wants to see them. thus has gone on for almost 3 yrs now.
    krauseboys

Comment by krauseboys (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2010