Toddlers bedtime

When do you usually put you toddler to bed? I have a 21 month old and we put her to bed around 9pm and I was told thats an okay time for the summer but fall/winter its a little late. I thought it was an okay time period.
When is the best time to put a toddler to bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mine three tomorrow, no nap and full day, she fell asleep around 6pm
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I don't know what the best time is, but I put my 20 month old to bed at 7pm, and he usually sleeps until 7am. Lately hes been getting up at 6 though, so I have been thinking of pushing his bedtime back until 8. He's been going to bed at 7 for probably 6 months now. It works for us. As long as she has a set time and schedule I think you are fine. My SIL never had a set time for her kids and now they stay up all hours of the night, its crazy. I wont even let my son stay at her house at night because she doesnt put him to bed.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 10:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My kids have never really had a bed time... They tend to go to bed between 10 and 11:30 and usually sleep til about 10 or 11 in the morning... My lil one still naps too...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• We used to put the boy down at 8pm but then we changed it to 7:30, mostly because there were shows on we wanted to watch at 8pm. He's 4 now and still goes down at 7:30. He gets up at 6:30-7:30 so I wouldn't want to put him down much later or he'd sleep half the day. Does your girl still nap? My guy quit napping before her age so he needed more sleep at night than a typical kid that age who still naps.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• DD is also a 9pm toddler. I started with watching her and seeing what time she gets tired and 9pm was it. SO I went with it as we are both night people anyway. If she is tired earlier, she goes to bed earlier.
    It would be different if she had to get up by a certain time in the morning, but I don't work until 10 most days, so it's fine
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 10:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think 9pm is a really good time all year!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 10:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• depends on if they have to get up early in the morning or not 7-8 or 9 depending on the AM schedule
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• mine is a 8pm night time
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 10:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My lil girl is only 13 months, but she goes to bed around 9:30-10. My hubby works 2nd shift... so it works for us :). Although she still wakes up at 2am blah!!!!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• 9:00 in the summer months here too. I do for she doesn't have to get up early. During the working school year, it's 8 on the dot.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2010