What can i do for this heartburn?

It feels like someone is clenching my heart and lungs in their hand, and antacids like tums, maalox, pepcid and mylanta don't work.

Miles2190

Asked by Miles2190 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• try ice cold water the coldes tyou can handle it thats what i do ..
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• TUMS.TUMS. TUMS. Holds it off for hours.
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I dont know, tums alwasy does the trick for me. Good luck and I hope you find something that works.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• if you're prego- good luck nothing worked on mine, i had to sleep sitting up sometimes
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I was taking Nexium for my heartburn before I got pregnant, but can't take it now... Milk has helped mine, because Tums did NOTHING. I thought my chest was literally on FIRE!!! Cold milk has been the only thing that helps me. I have also noticed that I get it less if I drink milk with dinner - or any time I eat. I would also suggest not laying down after eating and to chew lots of gum... Good luck. I feel your pain.
    mrspio82

Answer by mrspio82 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• mention it to your dr because i had the same problem bad and she perscribed me some medication sorry i dont remember the name that was safe to take for it. but if i forgot to take it one day i would feel it! the day i had my son it went away....and be ready your baby is going to have a ton of hair!
    qsmommy88

Answer by qsmommy88 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• try eating cold papayas. Sit strait up after meals for at least 30 minutes and drink ice water.

sammorr

Answer by sammorr at 11:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Zantac 150 or start prilosec OTC
    It'll take a few days of taking it regularly to work effectively.
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2008