Naming baby after they are born...

Did anyone else NOT name their baby until after they were born? My hubby and I had two names picked out, but after our little girl was born we picked a different name! AND it took us two days to name her...

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We named our son in the hospital after he was born. We didn't know we were having. Good thing we had that
    baby name book
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My husband and I had picked out the name we wanted (we knew she would be a girl). Then at the last minute, we started to consider a different name. Our moms talked us out of it and we named her the name we had originally chosen. I'm glad we did, because her personality fits the first name.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yes, when our 8 year old daughter was born we realized that we had not decided on a name yet, it's the only thing we forgot to pack!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 10:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i wanted a different name after stacy was born. she just didnt seem like a stacy to me. but she has grown into it well, and it fits her personality. this time we will have a few in mind and name the baby what we decide after he or she is born.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• our first we named Renee Elizabeth before she was born. Renee is my moms middle name so I new I wanted that name her middle name was from the bible and I wanted it to mean something. Gods Oath. My youngest we couldn't decide over Madison or Jenna we new we wanted Nichole as a middle name which is my sisters name. We didn't know if we wanted it spelled that way though or Nicole so I said I would spell it however I write it on the birth certificate at the time lol So I wrote it as Nichole lol. Her first name we couldn't decide so we asked our then 2.5 year old she said Madison so that is how we got her name lol. Although I am glad we decided on that name because once she was born she deffinatly didn't look like a jenna lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2010