Another question got me thinking about c-sections and staples...

When did you get your staples taken out after your c-section? I had mine taken out 3 days after my c-section before I left the hospital. I was amazed they did it THAT early ... and I thought my stomach would open back up lol ... of course it didn't, but I was just wondering when everyone else had their staples taken out....

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mine were son was born on August 3rd and my staples were taken out on the 11th. Our son was also circumcised that day. I remember because it was my first wedding anniversary! (Very romantic right?)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think the norm is 4-7 days. They took mine out a week after I had my section.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• 4 or 5 days after.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I had stitches, well one long running stitch, and it was removed about 5 days after my c/s. I had the c/s in the wee hours of Fri morn, went home Mon and had the nurse visit to remove the stitches on Wed.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Wow, my last one was 22 years ago. At that time the average stay in the hospital was 4-5 days. I think they took them out before I went home.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• wow, that's really early! I had mine taken out about 3 weeks after my c-section but maybe that's because I had twins?!?!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 10:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I had a vertical c-section, but they didnt give me any staples. Just stitches with dissolving stitches. But for some reason they werent dissolving. I got a horrible infection on my insertion and they had to pick the stitches out eeww.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 10:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I didn't have staples. I had one long, running stitch. I had it removed about two weeks after the surgery...I think, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I just had a piece of tape that fell off. My incision was only about 3 in long because I had a c-section at 23 weeks & she was so tiny.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I was only in the hospital for 2 days, so I had to go back to the doctor's office and get them taken out after 3 days at home. I just wish I had taken a picture. It was so cool. How often does one get stapled, after all.... not very.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2010