Having lower pelvic pains, ya think I should go to Dr? adult content

I am having pelvic pains. It's a dull sometimes sharp pain, that shoots all the way to my backside to my front. I noticed it happens after sex. Usually, it goes away within an hour or so. This time it is not. I tried to pick up a gallon of milk I dropped it because the pain was so bad. I can't stand for long periods of time. This has been going on since yesterday morning. I am considering going to the doctor. Has anyone experienced this before? Even now I can feel some discomfort...just sitting here.

Stacey833

Asked by Stacey833 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Health

• Have you ever had a c-section?
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• no
    Stacey833

Comment by Stacey833 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Go to the doctor.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• How long has it been going on?
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• off and on for about 6 months, but this last episode is lasting since yesterday morning.
    Stacey833

Comment by Stacey833 (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Is it in your vagina? Sharp/stabbing/burning? I had that for 5+ years. Every time I had sex or sometimes when I got my period. Took me forever to find a doctor willing to hear me out. It turns out the first time I had sex, it tore my skin, exposing a nerve. So after sex it would hurt, sometimes with a tampon it would hurt, etc. I would take Peridium (AZO) for the pain. Its supposed to help with urinary tract infections, but for some reason, took my pain away even though that wasnt the issue.
    My Doctor gave me a novacaine shot and numbed the nerve. I still need one every 6-9 months. But the pain is completely gone.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 10:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think it would be a good idea to go to the doctor. Make sure you mention that you dropped a gallon of milk because the pain was so bad. Disabling pain is something that needs to be dealt with. They need to try to figure out what is going on. If your doctor doesn't take you seriously, keep trying until you find one that does.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Could be uterine fibroids. See your doctor but until then cut out foods with hormones and antibiotics (go organic with meat and milk at least). There is a CM who had them really bad and went organic and they shrunk so she didn't have to have surgery.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2010