What is it when a 2 yr old has a low grade fever with a runny nose only?

Thats it....no other symptoms. What do you think that could be? And what should I be giving her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Just a little virus, nothing to get overly worried about.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It's probably a cold or allergies. I wouldn't give her anything except extra liquids.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• If she can sleep, I'd let her body fight it on it's own but if she needs something to help her sleep then tylenol to bring the fever down and help her become comfortable.
    I tend to stay away from meds unless necessary. It could have been a bug she caught from putting her hands in her mouth, breathing it in, sharing a meal. Virus or bacterial. Hope she feels better.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would like her body fight it txdaniella said because a fever is the bodies way of fighting off the bug.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• a cold or allergies... and i would do nothing about it.... if that's it then it's nothing to worry about.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:05 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• What color is the mucus?? If it's green it's an infection. Yellowish probably allergies. Clear is normal so again most likely allergies. Her ears might be blocked from the drainage so she may have an ear infection starting. Keep an eye on it and if ti gets worse consult your pediatrician.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:43 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• ear infection
    Jadegirl1819

Answer by Jadegirl1819 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 20, 2010