Anyone TTC after having fertility problems with #1?

I have PCOS, and tried (off and on) for 4 years before seeing the specialist. We were very lucky to get our daughter from our 2nd month of treatments then. She just turned 2, and we are discussing maybe "trying" for #2. I'm ready to have another one, but skeptical if we will get pregnant naturally. Hubby is worried about finances (he adores DD, so I'm not worried about that) and I think he expects it to happen the first month. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to get help again. I know it's different for everyone, but has anyone else been through something similar? What were your experiences?

musichollie

Asked by musichollie at 11:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have PCOS as well. We tried for 18 months and I was just about to start testing for diagnosis when I got pregnant with #1. He was 11 months old when I got pregnant with #2. She was neither planned, nor expected, but very much loved.

DD was 2.5 when we decided ttc #3, figuring that it would take a year at most. It took 2 plus lots of treatments. Clomid didn't work so we went with an injectable fertility drug. I got pregnant with our first round but miscarried extremely early. On our 3rd round of the drugs there were 3 possibly 4 eggs waiting. We got lucky and only one took. He is a happy and healthy 5 yr. old.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I didnt have PCOS they dont know why i couldnt get pregnant but we were trying for 18 months and not using protection for about 2 years. We had to do fertility also and had our DD after 2 rounds of IUI. We decided to try again last year in May and finally got pregnnant on our own in sept. Only things didnt go our way. Our daughter had Trisomy 18 and we found it out at my 20 ultra sound and lost her at 24 weeks. We are now on our way to tring again and on month 2 with nothing yet. "they" say woman with fertility problems can normally get pregnant on their own with a 2 or 3 baby. My cousin tried for 11 years and had to do IVF to get their DD and she had all kinds of complications with her, then when she was 2 they werent even trying and she got pregnant on her own! so i think its possible and if you guys are content with your DD and your hubby is worried about the price then try and if it doesnt happen it doesnt..GL
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i took clomid for over a year and finally got preggo and my baby is now 6mnths im already wanting another one...we tried 4yrs on our own before we knew we had a prob...so now im worried about it takin me longer the second time...im so scared to wait..bc now that i have my dd im soooo much in love with this all over again...i wish you all the best of luck and will keep my fingers crossed for us all baby dust
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have PCOS too. My first baby was a total surprise, but a happy one. I had been on the pill so I could have periods and we hadn't been married quite a year yet so we had planned on trying later. Anyways, we went out of town for a couple of weeks and I forgot to bring my pills. I figured I wouldn't get pregnant since I was told by 2 dr.s that I would need fertility drugs. We tried for 2 years to have our 2nd baby and I was on Metformin for 7 month before I got pregnant. We chose not to use clomid at that time. Now we have been trying for 2 years for a 3rd baby and I've been on Metformin for more than 2 years this time and I am on my 2nd round of clomid this month. My dr. says one more round of clomid after this for me and then try injectables. Good luck to you! : )
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2010