pre-natal vitamin

what kind of pre-natal vitamin that u suggest?

grayima

Asked by grayima at 7:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I got mine by prescription, it has 1000 mcg of folic acid in it. The OTC brands don't have as much folic acid in them, but they say they'll do if you don't want to get a prescription brand. As long as you're taking one, you should be fine =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Centrum Children's Chewables.
    The contents is nearly identical to the most often prescribed prescription brand and they didn't upset my tummy when I took them. Many, many doctors (including mine) will tell you to take a children's chewable if the regular pre-natals make you sick.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• if the regular pre-natals make you sick Dr.s will tell you 2 Flinstone chewables with iron will do
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I took the GNC kind, but they were like taking horse pills.

So I switched to Flintstones. They had the same amount of folic acid and tasted better :)

But then I always forgot to take them and stopped taking them around 4 months.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I cant even take my prenatals...i will try flintstones now.
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Can someone start taking the childrens vitamins BEFORE being pregg? While ttc? Is a childrens vitamin enough?
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 7:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• if you get sick taking them take them at night thats what my doctor told me to do and plus it takes for ever for all the good stuff to soak into your body and at night you can absorb more cause your not peeing it out during the day. you should always take any vitamins at night
    emily1928

Answer by emily1928 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• To Blonde..anyone TTC should be making sure they are getting lots of iron and folic acid. ESP folic acid, it helps prevent neural tube defects like spina bifada. Also, do yourself a favor..no alcohol over one glass of wine a day. Good Luck
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• "they" say that regularly taking a prenatal vitamin (OTC should be fine) a month before you conceive is ideal (of course not everyone can, and some never take them at all) but it doesn't hurt to try.
    Aniyunwiya

Answer by Aniyunwiya at 1:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2008