If you could?

set up a charity, what would it be for?

Bubbles_mommy

Asked by Bubbles_mommy at 11:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I participate in a few volunteer run charity fundraisers each year..

but if I could set up my own charity I'm honestly not sure what I would start one as.. I'd love to see better education available for people in a NUMBER of different subjects.. from education to prevent unwanted pregnancies.. to trade schools for people with minor educational problems that are "just above" the line yet can never hold a regular job.... to helping single or young mom's make a fresher and better start out in the career world, etc.

So I guess it would have to be a charity about educational needs in our country.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Anything related to starving children, anywhere in the world.

And honestly, pets are like kids to me, so animal rescue.
    careph

Answer by careph at 11:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Autism or Dyslexia. I have one son with Autism and one with dyslexia. Probably a foundation that would help parents pay for the right kind of tutoring for the kids with dyslexia, it's so expensive but so needed.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I participate in Quarter Auctions monthly so I am lucky enough to have a Charity of the Month set up. I have helped raise money for Support Our Troops, VFW Ladies' Auxiliary, Anna's Army(local group for Cystic Fibrosis), a local Food Pantry, and this month we are raising money for our local Dog Pound. I really love helping to raise money for these different organizations and look forward to raising much more. I also always participate in the Susan G Komen Walk for the Cure and raise money with my company for the American Cancer Society.
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I agree with Cindy18. I also have a son living with autism.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:25 AM on Jul. 20, 2010