Is there a way or is there a hair dye you can use to dye hair naturally?

I am a brunette and I have been using store box hair color but I see a little gray coming out and here I go again dying again...arg! I have heard HENNA is good and natural but where do I get this HENNA?
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• sallys has henna
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• henna is a natural dye.. however I wouldn't recommend it with some serious research...

one.. henna is more permanent and permanent. so ifyou dont' like the color, the only way to get rid of it is to shave it off. (permanent hair colors typically can be removed with decolorizers. and corrected. not so with Henna)

two.. can't always guarentee the correct color.. so be SURE to test strand a few times.

henna is one of those.. once you do it, there is NO going back until that part of your hair is gone.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:51 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• now.. is your gray coming in with regrowth? or is it because your box color is fading?

regrowth, nothing you can do about it.. with henna, box, or salon colors you are always going to have to retouch regrowth to cover those grays..

box color fading? well are you coloring your hair lighter or darker than it's natural shade? I'll tell you now, never color your hair darker to try to cover grays with box color.. you'll unnecessarily damage and over process your hair and scalp (which could actually cause more premature graying). you should be coloring your hair a shade or two below your natural hair color (unless of course your a natural blond, there are exceptions).

all in all, box color is box color, they make is cheap and affordable to you for a reason.. if you want better coverage with your grays, your best bet is with your stylist.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• now that being said, that doesn't mean there aren't more evironmentally or more "natural" hair color kits out there.. I'm just warning about henna.. and it's effects..

the best thing to do is to research vegetable colors, their effects, etc.. as well as talk it over with your stylist or stylists to decide what is best.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Lush has Henna.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:56 AM on Jul. 20, 2010