Anyone have a baby that doesn't like toys and wants to play with anything that ISN'T a toy...

I'm finding it hard to find things to keep my DD busy- she loves bowls and cups, lids- HATES actual toys!

MDT09

Asked by MDT09 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think this is pretty common. They always seem happier playing with a cardboard box or the pans in the kitchen! LOL I use to put a bowl of water on the kitchen floor and let them have a blast playing with that.
    Sunshine-27

Answer by Sunshine-27 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• That is totally normal :) and saves you money!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yep! My son will find the one thing in the room that he shouldn't have and go straight for it, lol. I've been running my butt off keeping up with him, :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My son is like that. He loves remotes, phones and cell phones, my laptop, and the camera too. If I set something down, he literally get giddy running over to it as fast as he can. lol. I have to be very careful.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My ds rarely plays with real toys. Prefers non toy items. The only toy he has ever truly enjoyed is his large legos.
    beautyoperator

Answer by beautyoperator at 11:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Boxes, my daughter loves boxes. Big ones, little ones. I does not matter. She also likes remotes. She also plays with her toys but if a non toy item is within her reach, that is her toy of choice.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2010