When people want to know more and more about a certain subject, is this an interest or obsession?

nicolesweet

Asked by nicolesweet at 11:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Health

• Depends - normally it is an interest. If they are doing nothing but wanting to know more and more about a certain subject, say stalking Johnny Depp's every move, then it is an obsession.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Did you post this queston because of my answer to your other one? LOL!! I think when it gets in the way of the other stuff you should be doing in your life then it's an obsession.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• When the interest is for nothing but that subject and all other things don't matter in life then it has moved to obsession.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would think it depends on the subject... But generally I believe education is NEVER a bad thing. I am investigative to points of "obsession" about a number of subjects, but my education in those areas is something I'm highly proud of and have helped both me and my family be more healthy and happier... - Obsession or not, I don't see how it's usually bad.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:00 AM on Jul. 20, 2010