Did your path cross with that of another who needed a kind word today?

What gave away their need; how did you respond?

SouthernLady7

Asked by SouthernLady7 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• A friend of mine's husband is deployed and has been for about 7 months, the kind of deployment where she is never allowed to know where he is. He is suppose to come home in a couple weeks and she is all excited but it is kind of overwhelming her. I just gave her some kinds words and told her that she is a strong woman and that she can do this. I do not know if any signs actually showed to me that she needed the kind words, but I think she was in need of them. I always try to give out kind words of encouragement to everyone.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Nope, I was the one in need today and 2 people complimented me!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I was the one in need today, and a friend of mine complimented me. Then she called me later on with issues and I was there to comfort her, and tell her that things would be ok. Don't let negative people make her feel worse.
    MamaNiecey

Answer by MamaNiecey at 12:00 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• not today, saturday i did. i just had to remind her, she may be twenty years older, and had been together alot longer, but i know hard times too. i'm used to it.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My son was stung by a wasp in the parking lot of a local store. When we came in, a worker who had noticed him crying came to talk to him and get his mind off of it which I appreciated.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:31 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I was certainly the one in need today and I'm still waiting. Although my 2 year old has given me extra loves today, perhaps that is my kind words for the day :o) I do feel better.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2010