Feeling hurt and thin skinned tonight, how would you feel?

My boss brought me into her office today. The shop steward was sitting there with a note pad and my boss sat across from me with a note pad. My boss is a different ethnic background then me. So are some of the employess,,well, a lot of the employees that I work with. Someone at my job made a racial slure a few weeks ago b/c of job changes and evaluations. My boss told me someone had given her a list of those who might have been involved. I was on that list. I have worked here for 26 yrs, I would never make a racial slure against anyone, specially the people I have worked with for sooo long. I happened to be on vacation on the week in question, and was released. Im not that kind of person, I cant believe someone would put me on that type of list to be racist and cruel to other people. I went anon in case of bashing,,dont need anymore today

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• No bashing from me. I'm so sorry you had that happen to you.group hug

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I'm sorry. That sucks, and it's not fair to you. Hopefully the fact that someone lied about you, and your boss later realized you were on vacation at the time will help if they ever try to accuse you of something again. They just lost a lot of their credibility. Just keep your head up, and rise above it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• maybe someone just assumed that since you are a different race it could have been you.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Sorry. That is terrible for anyone to do.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yep, no bashing here. That is a terrible thing to be accused of. You boss should have realized you weren't even there at the time in question without having to accuse you like that. Its possible that whoever accused you may just be jealous or trying to divert attention from themselves for something. Hold your head up!
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Wow, no basking from me. That is awful :( Just know you are innocent and kind of be wary of what you do say because obviously you have some immature coworkers :(
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:11 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I guess uif I had worked there for that many years and always got along with everyone, I would be surprised and maybe a little hurt if my name was on that list too. But you can't dwell on it. You just have to forget about it and continue to be YOU. People who know you know you would never do that! Somebody was trying to devert the attention from themselves! Don't take it to heart and just know there are people out there that will step on anyone to get to where they want to be! Keep your chin up!
    Sunshine-27

Answer by Sunshine-27 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Bless your heart! I'm sorry that happened to you. At least everything was cleared up. It sounds like there's a bitter person in your office, and you probably weren't the only one falsely accused!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 12:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2010