Pregnant from precum?

What are the odds? I'm a week or so late. My husband and I have been practicing the ole' pull-and-shoot method successfully for 5 years. We had to try for 4 months to get pregnant with our daughter, who is 16 months.

I'm taking a pregnancy test tomorrow morning, but I just wanted to see if anyone has been in the similar situation. We're just amazed and shocked that it's a possibility.

redmoonintexas

Asked by redmoonintexas at 12:03 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I thought there was no sperm in precum it was just natural lubricant.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yep, I know of a lot of babies that were conceived from the pull and pray method. Good luck!!!
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 12:05 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• lol.. yes precum can and typically does make you pregnant.. it only takes one little spermy to get through to that egg..

if you are going to do pull out and pray.. do it while watching your ovulation cycle to prevent pregnancies. otherwise you might as well just go the whole 9 yards with it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:16 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• yes there is a odd to get pregnant, one of my friends never had sex but became pregnant, it was the talk of a virgin getting pregnant.
    krauseboys

Answer by krauseboys at 12:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• it's possible. pull and pray is not 100 percent.
    happymommy1105

Answer by happymommy1105 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• a lot of unwanted pregnancies are pull out and pray babies..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:17 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Ditto GinNTonic!! Most everything I have read says sperm does not exist in precum unless there are specific circumstances (which none apply to us). I'm dumbfounded. We're careful with our methodology.
    redmoonintexas

Comment by redmoonintexas (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I got pregnant from it, my sis in law is now pregnant and informed me that the good ole method you mentioned is not the best idea because thats how she got pregnant.
    Jacquelinesmama

Answer by Jacquelinesmama at 12:36 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Even i got preggo with it and had to have an abortion.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:33 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It worked for DH and I for four years... the first month we tried to get pregnant.. I got pregnant.. but after the baby I had an IUD put in... I thought in HS that you couldnt' get pregnant.. and that's the method we chose, but after I had a baby.. I researched and found out you could lol.. Sorry that you weren't informed :(
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:25 AM on Jul. 20, 2010