do you ever?

do you ever just sit there and think you are so ugly and worthless and it just makes you cry uncontrollably. i 've been doing this a lot lately.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• no .. i dont and i dont think you should either no i dont know who you are but noone should think that about themsleves
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Yes. After I had my baby I got so depressed and just hated myself. Now its better but I still dont see the same person in the mirror that I use to. I was VERY confident before I got prego and even more while I was pregnant. As soon as my baby came out I just lost myself. It was strange and since the day she was born I've felt extremely overprotective of her, like she is replacing something that I lost. My DH thinks I'm crazy. I think maybe its hormones or some kind of imbalance or maybe we are just crazy!
    Anonymous

• You should see your doctor, my daughter felt the same, the doctor asked her some questions and was able to help.  He said it was depression and he prescribed medication which I didn't agree with but she took after talking to him again he set her up with a physciatrist once a month then she suggested a therapist she could see once a week and that has helped her so much she is so much better and stronger. 

Anonymous

• oh please don't sit there and think I"m ugly and worthless. It hurts my feelings. Ok that was a joke. There are times when many of us feel that way. It's perfectly normal. I try to think of things logically. (bad habit) First, you are here at Cafemom so that means you are a mom ...which means you have the most important job in the world, literally. So that disproves any theory that you could possibly be worthless. As for the ugly, you can't be too ugly or you'd have never gotten pregnant unless your man put a bag over your head (another joke). Find the positive. Focus on it. Think about what makes you happy about you and concentrate on that until you can feel better about the rest of you. Just by your question, I think you're cool. So at least one of us thinks you rock!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It's normal to feel a little overwhelmed and maybe a little not pretty. If it lasts a long time though, I would talk to your doctor about it. Post pardum depression is no joke. I had that after 3 of my kids.
    Anonymous

• It is probably hard to see now, but it could be hormones. I hope you feel better soon. And I agree, you are not worthless, and I am sure you are absolutely beautiful to at least 1 person :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I feel the same. I would like to die sometimes.(dont worry. I wont do anything because of my daughter....)
    Anonymous