Do you think i spent too much on our groceries?

So yesterday i went grocery shopping,..a couple das before my dh went and got all of our meats/dinner foods for about a week and a half to 2 weeks. so i went and got our lunch/breakfast/snacks for the week and a half to 2 weeks. when hewent and got our meats and stuff he spent $30.(the meats were buy one get one free+reduced) i spent $60 on the other stuff...mind you this food i bought will last almost 2 weeks..i caught hell for spending $60. i mean im still hearing about it. im pregnant with twins,and we have a 3 yr old dd. i bought good food,..not junk. so for 2 weeks worth of stuff we spent $90...he's flipping his lid at me about it(mainly my $60 spent,..he said it shoul've only been at most $30...WTF am i gonna buy for 2 weeks on $30? so do you think i over spent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• I think you did a great job. I spend way more than that on my husband, myself, and our 9 month old son, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:10 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No. I spend 100/week easily for a the three of us.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• no
    is he serious?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:11 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• wow hes crazy if anything you saved money do yuo know how much groceries cost nowadays.?!
    can you come shop for me...lml
    Soon2bemom16

Answer by Soon2bemom16 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You did a wonderful job. I spend at least $200 every 2 weeks for 5 people.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• He must be on crack, lol. Sorry, j/k, but he's not thinking clearly. I spend about 160 each week on groceries, and none of that is meat, that's just the other stuff, personal products, household products, and food. Sounds like he may be a bit controlling?
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 12:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No. I think you did a good job. Obviously, his anger is misdirected. Perhaps you should ask him what's really going on.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 12:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You caught hell for that amount..

LMAO That man would straight up have a coronary if he saw my grocery bills. In the past 3 days I have spent around $260 on groceries...
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:16 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Just pretend that you care omg food for two weeks that is very good bargain grocery shopping I'd say about 3 weeks ago I too went grocery shopping and went to another store (supposedly cheaper than the one we go to usually) anyway seems like the more you save the more bargains you find...lol atleast for me...lol anyway I sear I bought all that we needed for two wks till the next payday atleast my bill came out to...get ready for this...$172. Something I was like omg my dh is going to kill me...lol but deep inside did not care. What I did I did not tell him...lol until he was checking the bank acct. I just shut him out and said yes dear... Yes whatever.
    And then today we spent $137. Something and he was with me this time...lol Its crazy though they don't realize how everything adds up. GL Stand ur ground girl ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I'm pretty frugal,make detailed lists, and used coupons and I still spend about $100 a week for 4 of us - 2 adults 2 male tweens. This is all household supplies and food for 3 meals and 1 snack a day (including milk that they think they should drink a gallon a day each directly from the container LOL)

mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 12:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2010