I am putting in the Mirena. Any experience with it?

Mom2Just1

Asked by Mom2Just1 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Health

• I have it, I've had it just over a year now. I like it, haven't had any issues. Although I'll warn you, they say you can spot for up to 6 months after getting it in, then it's very likely your periods can disappear. Well I spotted the entire 6 months, then it stopped and I still get my period every month. It's not as long or as heavy as it used to be, but still there annoying as ever. Good luck hope it works well for you.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 12:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I had it in for a year and a half and never had an issues with it. I never had any periods maybe just some spotting every once in awhile. Overall I liked it.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 12:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have Mirena and absolutely love it! Its just so much easier then taking the pills or the patch. You dont have to replace it every month like you do other bc and its highly effective. I have had it for a year and a half almost, and have never had a problem with it. I wanted something long term too and never want to tie my tubes. Its a good option for moms who want to play it safe, I highly recommend it. Though my periods are weird with it, I can deal with that though!
    cthrush82

Answer by cthrush82 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I do as well. I really am excited. I have the patch but want something long term. Just not ready to tie my tubes yet. Thank you!
    Mom2Just1

Comment by Mom2Just1 (original poster) at 12:23 AM on Jul. 20, 2010