Is you marriage anything like you thought it would be when you were a teenager?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I honestly can't say.

I didn't think of marriage when I was a teen. Marriage was not one of my plans or goals in life. I never thought about marriage before I met my husband when I was 23. And we met and married within 5 months. So a whole lot of thinking didn't really go into it in regards to what I hoped marriage would be.

I can say this. I've been married 25 years now. And I think I can say that my marriage is probably more than I could have ever hoped for really. I'm well loved, appreciated, adored, admired, cared for. I have a husband that is my best friend and biggest cheerleader. Who supports me in everything I want, and want to do in this life. I have a great marriage and a good life. I couldn't really ask for better at this point and time in my life.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:28 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No my marriage is nothing like what I thought it would be. Honestly, I never realized I would ever get married.
    CAMKsMom

Answer by CAMKsMom at 12:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Not at all...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:27 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Pixie_trix - if I could vote your answer up a million times, I would. Just lovely! Congrats on your wonderful marriage!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I never thought i would get married so never really imagined what it might be like
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:36 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• no, i never thought i would even marry. i didnt see a point in it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Katt709

Thank you.. :-)

I would be lying to myself and everyone else if I stated that my marriage (and how I felt about my marriage) has been this way the entire 25 years. We've had more than our share of problems (from addiction, to infidelity, to the general ups and downs that a 25 yr marriage will experience). But making it through all of those problems, and learning the lessons we have, is what makes our marriage what it is today. Many of the things we have been through I do not want to, and will never go through again. But I wouldn't change the lessons learned, and where we are today for anything in the world.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:52 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I never really thought about it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:04 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No not at all its SO much better than I thought it would be. I thought it was about fighting arguing and stressful. But the way my DH and I work is like we are a team (bc we are) we go to each other for anything and everything. I could not imagine things to be any better.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 1:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2010