What type of exercises would you have your ds (9yrs.old) do to prepare himself for the football season?

He'll have practice in 2 wks. and I would like for him to do some kind of exercise so when the time comes he won't be so sick feeling. Any suggestions ladies. My dh n I are walking in the evenings and sometimes take the kids with us.
Thank you so much ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Push ups, running, belly flops, jumping jacks, high knee running
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:33 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Just lots of activity, running, biking ... conditioning type exercises. My 12 yo gets his equipment on Thu and starts practice the second week of Aug, plus his spring season just ended at the end of June, so he's still pretty much in shape from that. Oh swimming would be another good one, stuff that will give him endurance so he's not beat by the end of practice and games.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would suggest any thing that can promote endurance. In football practices they run ALOT. I would suggest running, biking, swimming. I would also suggest push ups, jumping jacks, high knee running...they will do a lot of tackling exercises too. I think staying fit and learning endurance is helpful.
    Both my kids stay in shape but participating in a lot of sports even if they aren't their favorite. They say it keeps them conditioned. I suppose it does, they just got done with Baseball, my older son is still wrestling through the summer (at the Nationals this week) and he started his 2 a days about month ago and he's required to lift weights 6 hours a week.
    Definitely any activity you can get him to do is good for him and will prepare him.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Running and weight lifting.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 21, 2010