I'm redoing my SD's room with a Nightmare Before Christmas theme. Looking for creative DIY ideas!

The room is going to be purple, with glow stars and black swirls on the ceiling. I have ordered a giant acrylic sticker for one wall, with an image of Jack on the hill. (if you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. I have a few other ideas and some props/decor picked out, but not much. I want it to be really over the top, but am trying not to blow the budget. I'm pretty artsy, but by no means a creative genius. I just want it to be amazing for her. Any great ideas, ladies?

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 12:26 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That is awsome! I couldn't do anything better.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:32 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Don;t forget the dog! What's it's name? A friend of mine is OBSESSED with The Nightmare Before Christmas and dressed up as Sally and her fiance went as Jack for Halloween. Here's some videos of rooms with that theme. Maybe it will help you with ideas. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Pa_vstvi0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6PSGyeWJgM
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• if you can sew why don't you make her a quilt that looks like sally's dress.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:43 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I wish I could sew! Alas, the sewing machine and I are old foes from waaay back, lol. However, I did write a friend last night and ask if I could comission her to make a Sally quilt for us. :)
    mama_moonsong

Comment by mama_moonsong (original poster) at 8:52 AM on Jul. 20, 2010