I'm 13 days late but have a negative pregnancy test, what are some reasons for this?

I haven't been particularly stressed lately, haven't traveled, haven't changed anything about my usual routine, no meds, etc. Nothing has changed except for the fact that I missed my period. It's been the same schedule for the past year at least. Very curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You're only two weeks late. Wait til you're atleast three or four.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:30 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Sometimes you can be stressed and not even realize it. Plus your are probably just stressing that your another day late! lol Otherwise go to the doctor and have them test you. I guess 1 out or 4 women read a pregnancy test wrong???
    Sunshine-27

Answer by Sunshine-27 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• IF your pregnant...it MAY take up to another couple of weeks to detect your pregnant with the text.

IF your on any kind of birth control, it will screw up your periods.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i've missed mine due to stress four months in a row. i used to only bleed about six times a year because of it. do you have the cramps and the normal feelings? if not go to a center they usally do it for free, or talk to your doctor.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Do you take BC? I had this happen with a pill I took. Not sure though.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No. I'm not on birth control or anything. actually my husband and I are trying to conceive, so we are excited that I'm late but we dont want to get excited for nothing. My periods have been very predictable for the past year, so we're hoping this is the lucky month! Thank you all for your comments! Any others are more than welcomed!
    Jacquelinesmama

Answer by Jacquelinesmama at 12:46 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• The pregnancy test takes a couple of weeks to confirm pregnancy
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If you think you are pregnant, and not able to get a positive result on a home pregnancy test, call your doctor and ask for a blood test.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I am on day 52 and still have BFN everytime. I scheduled a dr appt for next wednesday, but it does seem odd that even this far along (I would be a little over 7 weeks) it doesn't show. Everyone is different though. Keep us updated on what happens.
    1passioninlife

Answer by 1passioninlife at 9:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2010