job interview

I haven't been to a job interview in many years now because I've always just done new construction homes,and business. I was wondering what should I wear to my job interview. Should I dress fancy nice skirt and blouse,or dress down in jeans which is all I have and a nice blouse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• i'm not sure, i just wear a nice pair of pants, no jeans, and a nice shirt. just make sure they are clean.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No jeans. If you do have to buy something new, it would be a worthy investment. I'd wear a skirt or slacks with a blouse or tank with jacket over top.

Good luck :)
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:33 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• A lot of it will depend on the nature of the job you're interviewing for. A suit is still the standard in most industries, which would mean a skirt during the warmer months and possibly pants in the winter.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would wear a pair of dress slacks and a collared dress shirt. Keep it simple, but professional.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:39 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Totally depends on the job you are going for. Since you mentioned construction I'm assuming that a skirt would probably not go over well. What would the boss at this job wear when meeting with clients? That is probably the level you want to go for. If my boss was meeting with clients he would wear a suit and tie, so that is what I would recommend for interviewing with him. Pants or a skirt with mathing jacket and heels. Now if you want a job with the construction manager I know. Khakis and a polo shirt would be good. Flat practical shoes would demonstrate that you won't go all girly girl and expect the guys on the job site to do your carrying for you.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:32 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I always wear a suit.

Do your homework before your interview, and send thank you notes to everyone you meet with.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010