Can anyone tell me what all i need to take to the hospital when i go for me and the baby

I am 36 weeks and 2 days and i want to get everything ready for the big day..

And im not sure what i need to take with me

s.bryant

Asked by s.bryant at 7:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-8 Credits)
  • go to gerber.com and sign up one the send you stuff and two the have lists like that i love there list for the hospital stuff lol ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• http://www.gerber.com/Tools/Hospital_Packing_List.aspx?Milestone=Pregnancy
    this is the link to the list
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• You must have a carseat, and some clothes for the baby.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Oh my goodness I packed for a hurricane. Please dont. I wouldnt go by the list in What to Expect either... its way too much. Make sure you bring shampoo conditioner and deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste... everything else they have. They say to bring pads, but the ones they have there are so much better (at least at my hospital). Dont worry about bringing pudding or soup. They will get you whatever you need. I had a c-section, so I dont know if you want to bring calming/soothing/comforting stuff if you are going to be in labor... Oh yeah, bring your own pillow :). Good luck!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It's been 5 yrs. 4 me but ! thing I know 4 sure is a CARSEAT & CLOTHES. Try the gerber.com website that a few other moms suggested. I've never used it but I'm sure it will point u inj the right direction. Sorry. Good Luck
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• 1) Make sure you bring colored pillow cases (so that when you leave, you won't mixed up with the ones from the hospital).2) Car seat and have the base installed correctly (have your local police or fire station to check). 3) bring one onesies and an overall outfit. 4) Receiving blanket - to wrap your baby as you walk out of the hospital. 5) An outfit for you when leaving the hospital. 6) Rubber band if you have long hair.7) Lip balm - my lips were very dry during the 2 days in the hospital and I constantly had to apply lip balm to stay moist. I brought other personal items (skin care, shampoo, body wash). It really depends on how you end up feeling. I thought I would have been in better shape but it turned out I was just exhausted so I didn't even wash my face the entire stay at the hospital.Oh, bring pen and paper to take notes on baby's feeding and pooping schedule. Good luck and Congrats!!

PeanutJordanMom

Answer by PeanutJordanMom at 9:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• There are a lot of lists out there you can look at but here are the important things we brought:

- Laptop
    - Camera with USB cable so we could upload pictures and send them out ASAP
    - Camcorder
    - Nursing nightgown
    - Snacks for hubby during labor, and for both of us late at night
    - Hard candy for labor (my hospital allowed this)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I had a c-section with my first and going to have another one tomorrow. So I have packed all kinds of stuff so here we go.

Night gown and loung pants
    shampoo,conditioner,tooth paste, tooth brush, deoderant, lotion, make up, chap stick,
    underwear
    onesies in different sizes (premie, and NB)
    gas meds for me and baby
    heart burn meds
    paci
    hat and scratch mittens
    camera
    candy
    sammorr

Answer by sammorr at 10:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2008