Anyone ever feel like as a mother and housewife your neverending to do list, including cleaning steals your life away?

christina259

Asked by christina259 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sometimes, but if I thought that way all the time, I'd be really depressed. I feel that way, usually, when I'm not feeling well or feeling really stressed.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:55 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No.
    It can be really tough, though. But I chose to be a mother, and we actually wanted to become pregnant, and have 2 kids, and I stay at home, so I do get really tired but in all, take pride in what I do and enjoy it. I have those days though!!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:56 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• The cleaning, yes. But I get to spend the vast majority of my days with my daughter, and that means the world to me. I do feel like cleaning with small children in the house is almost pointless lol, and I hate wasting my time picking up and cleaning stuff that's going to be dirty again in 10 minutes, but the rewards and the awesomeness is well worth it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No. Not these days.

When I first became a SAHM/Houswife 8 years ago I did. I felt like that the first 1-2 years. I was really having trouble adjusting to leaving a career of nearly 20 years to being at home.

But to be fair. There's only 3 of us in our home. And my only child is 18 years old. So my "to do" list, gets delegated out quite a bit.. I have very few things on my daily to do list any more.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No. I had to clean when I worked 50 hours a week too. Being a SAHM is simple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• sometimes,but its OK after all u r a super woman
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• it gets to be hard at times because my husband is stuck in the dark ages...believes housework is woman's work. We got into that topic tonight because was gone for 3 days and left the house spotless and came back it was a wreck...he said his remarks and realized I hadn't made dinner yet...he got to doing his dirty dishes because he knows it won't hurt my feelings to refuse to make any dinner or lunch for the next day.
    It has been 7 yrs and slowly but surely I am breaking him into seeing a new light. I'm just tired of being the only parent who does it all!! I got married with the idea of team work not him watching me from the sidelines...
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being a mom! This lifestyle change is very much a good one for me. But the lack of "me time" and the neverending list of things to do can be emotionally exhausting. My son is 18 months old. I am hoping it gets better in time. And I am learning to let things go a little bit more sometimes, and allow myself to relax. For example, today I had a million things to do. But I was just pooped and when my son fell asleep for his nap, I went out on the couch and ate popcorn and watched tv for a little while - shows *I* wanted to watch, as opposed to watching what hubby wants to watch. It was heaven and I still feel a bit guilty but I really needed it.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes, there are times when I feel my will to live is being sucked out of me. However, when I start to feel like that I try to re-evaluate what it really is I'm being depressed about and start looking for the positives. The housework will ALWAYS be there but hanging out with your kids with a smile on your face and laughter in your voice are moments to be embraced. On the other hand, make sure you are taking time out for YOURSELF! Meaning, no kids and no significant other. You have to maintain that balance by getting a well deserved break.
    RnRmama

Answer by RnRmama at 1:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• That is exactly how it feels.....lol...like my will to live is being sucked out of me even though I say I do this because I dearly love my family and I want to create a wonderful home for them but when they take it all for granted (well , mainly when hubby takes it all for granted and I don't get much help from him even with the yardwork. The kids just could care less)It does make me wonder if I'm wasting my time. Thankyou all for your answers. They're all good and it makes me feel better that it's not me and my lack of time management.
    christina259

Comment by christina259 (original poster) at 2:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2010