benefits at a job

Okay I'm looking into this job thats mon-thur 5pm-5am its $8.00 an hour and I would have to drive their which would take 45m to an 1hr,I didnt ask if they offer benefits,I just didnt think about it.. Would you take a job like that being a fulltime mom with four kids ages 9-15? I'm wondering how I would sleep but at the same time need the money badly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• Kids always come first
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:03 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• U can do it I work from 7pm till 7am. And I have 6 and 2 are young. But when they go to school that's when u sleep real good lol. Good luck honey u can do it.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• 4 days a week is not so bad, at least you'll have a 3 day weekend with your kids. You can always sleep while they are at school. If you are working 40 hours or more & are paying taxes, then legally they HAVE to give you benefits.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:27 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• You always have to do what it takes for the kiddos. It's tough but so worth it to be able to take care of your children, and they will respect your work ethic and you are setting a great example for them. The best time to look for a better job is always when you have one. So if you are wanting something with benefits and better pay you can always look while you are at this one :-)

Good Luck girl and keep your head up!!

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 9:49 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My husbands company runs a shift that is similar and he says that most of the people that work it are moms (mostly single mothers). He says they do it because their kids are sleeping through most of that shift and they can go home, get their kids ready for school and then go to sleep. This way they are still available to the kids when they are needed during the day.

slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I highly doubt that there are benefits; it there are, they probably don't start for several months.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:51 PM on Jul. 21, 2010