I just moved into a new apartment....

and my son has been screaming and crying pretty much ever since. When we first got here he crawled around the whole place and was having a great time. He took a nap and when he woke up he was very very upset. The only time he wouldn't scream at the top of his lungs and bawl his eyes out was when I was walking around holding him. But anything else I tried to do to soothe him hasn't been working. I know hes very tired and probably stressed and scared but I don't know what to do to make it better. He's 9 months old btw... I just cant keep walking around and around (he's VERY heavy) lol But I'm worried because he didn't even really want any food.
He finally went to sleep but I know that tomorrow won't be much better. Any suggestions?

HcMomma

Asked by HcMomma at 7:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well first of all I would talk to his pedi and ask about the whole food thing. Secondly he is just stressed out because it is unfamiliar. I would just sit him down in his walker and let him fuss but just make sure to talk to him a lot and show him a lot of familiar things such as toys and he will eventually realize that it is safe and he will be ok with things.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 8:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Also if that doesn't work you could by a carrier to attach to yourself so he will not be so heavy. Good Luck and I hope it gets better for you both real soon.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 8:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I agree with prev poster; you should try to unpack some familiar objects that would remind him of his old home/room, and I think the baby sling is a good idea too (if the first doesn't work).
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Thanks for your replies ladies!!
    I've already unpacked all of his things and he's way too big for a sling lol!!
    HcMomma

Answer by HcMomma at 11:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2008