What am I doing wrong?

Ok so I am about 55lbs over weight and would like to lose it. For the past 2 months I have been doing cardio and weights about 5-6 days a week. I have changed my diet and eat healthier. I have not lost any weight but my legs are getting muscular. I have not lost any inches in my arms or belly. Is there something that I am doing wrong or does it just take longer than I had anticipated? Dont get me wrong I didnt think it was gonna be a quick fix but I thought that after 2 months I would have lost at least an inch, but nothing!

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 1:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You gotta remember that muscle weighs more than fat. So you're probably losing fat, but gaining muscle so the numbers on the scale may stay the same. :-)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Have you gone down in sizes?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:10 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yea I get that but how come Im not losing any inches from my tummy or arms?
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No I have not gone down in sizes. In fact I feel like pants are tighter on my around my thighs.
    vjoaquin

• You said you are eating healthier but are you actually cutting calories?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Are you drinking water? Watching your sodium intake? How about your food intake? Are you doing calories? points? Carbs?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:11 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes I have cut calories and am drinking more water.
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 1:11 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Maybe the issue is potion size? Have you thought about askin a doctor about a possible thyroid problem or hormone imbalance that could be causin you to keep the weight?
    JacyB

Answer by JacyB at 1:12 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Well, the best I've ever done at losing weight was a number of years ago when I lost 3 dress sizes, but only lost 10 lbs. Sound crazy! It's like Renea20 says, muscle weights more than fluff. I didn't even watch the scales for the most part because I knew that. What I did watch was reducing from a 16 down to a 10, slight muscle cuts .. not too much to endanger me of losing that feminine girly look, but enough to flaunt those rock solid healthy look. Keep up the good work, the mix of cardio and weights is great; that's exactly how I am the most successful when I need to lose inches.
    SouthernLady7

Answer by SouthernLady7 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would go to a dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2010