what do you suggest a bike trailer or ...

baby is turning 1 and i want to get a attachment for my bike i hared the ones that go on the back make the ride to wiggly i haven't heard anything about the ones that go on the front or bike trailers .. so what do you suggest?

Zandrialeann

Asked by Zandrialeann at 1:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At age one I personally would go with a bike trailer. I have one and can haul both my 3 yr and 2yr old in it. I just feel more secure with them in a trailer than one on the back of the bike.
    parris3

Answer by parris3 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• bike trailer for sure! we got one when my oldest was one and she loved it and we felt safe.
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 7:15 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Here's a good resource on bike child seats vs trailers: http://www.bikekidshop.com/bike-child-seats-e-370.html

And a few quotes from the article:

"[B]ike child trailers are generally considered a safer overall solution.
    ...
    The dangers of bike child seats basically come down to the fact that if the cyclist crashes, the child will crash as well.
    ...
    Overall bike child seats are excellent solutions for parents who understand their risks and appreciate their conveniences."

TedJohnson

Answer by TedJohnson at 8:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2010