Should baby boys be circumcised? If so, why or why not?

RnRmama

Asked by RnRmama at 1:25 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Each parent needs to decide that for their own reasons.

I don't personally feel one way is right one way is wrong.

My son was not circ'd for religious reasons.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:27 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I agree with pixie...It should be a personal decision. If your undecided one way or the other. Do your research, talk to the doctor who would be performing it (they all have different methods and some are just plain weird and barbaric).

Our son was circ'd for personal/religious reasons...
    And my DH wanted it done so that was good enough for me. :)
    parris3

Answer by parris3 at 1:34 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think this is up to the parents of the child..
    My son was not circ'd for a couple of reasons..
    But I did my own personal research and made an educated decision..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:34 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I had my son circ's for many reasons. For starters, my husband said that he wanted him to be. I also researched and discovered a lot less risks for many conditions and diseases in circumcised males. My son's doctor numbed him and he slept through almost the entire thing. I think it's totally a person decision and either way I think is fine.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• That's a pretty subjective question.

I don't even have boys, and yet i've done plenty of research on the subject. I will not circ any boys that I have.

For every person who's FOR circ'ing, and presents data and facts that back their decision up, those of us who are against it can do the same. It's up to the individual parent to do their own research (and not just blindly follow the advice of others), and make a decision based on how they interpret their findings.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:48 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No. If a man wants to be mutilated he can make that decision and have the surgery as an adult. A boy's penis needs no special care or cleaning. The AAP has never recommended routine circumcision.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If you dont have religious reasons to do a circ you should likely go do some research. boys lose 50 thousand very sensative sexual nerve ending with a circ. its a part of their body and it really should be thier choice when they get older. there are NO health reasons etc to mutilate a baby
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:12 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i dont have boys, but if i did 100% yes. his daddy is and it is cleaner. everything is worse as an adult, so i would do it early. but that is not the "right" way, just my way. weigh your options. i would want my boy to have the "same looking" parts as his daddy.
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 7:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I don't feel that it is necessary.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• We have a girl, but if we had a boy, he would not have been circumcised. We didn't cut off any of our daughter's genitals, why would we cut off part of our son's? If he wants to be circumcised he can make that decision himself.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 20, 2010