Pneumonia question....

I have been sick since April. First the flu, then bronchitis, now pneumonia. I am really tired, but have not been coughing. I thought it involved lots of coughing. I just can't breathe very well. I am on my fourth course of antibiotics, steroid inhaler and abuterol, and mucinex as well as ibuprofen.
In your experience, what can I do to heal this faster and regain my health. I don't feel as though I will ever be well.
I went back to the doctor today as I was having pain in my upper back and just felt really ill.

Not coughing, but I have pneumonia really bad. It is settled in my right lower lung and left upper lung. I feel like someone put a band around my upper body and is squeezing, like in a vice.

I am on my fourth course of antibiotics, it seems to get better, then come back harder. On inhalers and mucinex, steriods.

Please say a prayer for me. Thanks.

Whatkids

Asked by Whatkids at 1:33 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Health

• You mentioned a steriod inhaler...have you tried just straight steriods. I had pneumonia repeatedly when I was younger and the only that kicked it was a good dose of steriods.
    parris3

Answer by parris3 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No, it is just an inhaler. I think we may end up going to that if this doesn't work.
    Whatkids

Comment by Whatkids (original poster) at 1:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If you haven't been on prednisone or been hospitalized, you don't have pneumonia really bad. It just seems like it. I have genetic immune deficiencies and have had pneumonia many times. You may want to be tested for genetic immune deficiency diseases. Some diseases are adult onset. I wasn't diagnosed until I was 32.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/71656-top-ten-warning-signs-primary/

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Thanks Gailll, but I have an over active immune system. Once I get over this, my body will start attacking itself. This is an illness that will stay with me for a while. As for not having it really bad, I am not really in a competition. It is really bad for me. Unless breathing is an option. :/
    Whatkids

Comment by Whatkids (original poster) at 2:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2010