Am I over reacting!! Ugh!!!

I've known my best friend for five years and ever since I've known her I've mentioned to her that when I have another lil daughter I'm going to name her "Sophia" and I then I got pregnant and she even wrote on the card I can't wait to meet Sophia, anyways the pregnancy ended up in miscarriage :( so, months later she became pregnant today she comes up to me and says that her husband wants to name their daughter Sophie, and she said I hopeyou kmow it's not the same thing as Sophia! Ya but for short most of the time Sophia is referred as sophie! I know she made this lie up, cuz her husband told me that he hasn't chosen any names yet, he said that's his wives job and laughed! I'm sooo peeved! Am I over reacting?

Imans_mommy

Asked by Imans_mommy at 1:34 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would be very hurt. She is already trying to explain herself, so she knows she is making a bad decision. You need to have a very heartfelt conversation with her. Right or wrong they are your feelings.  (And this is not about being right or wrong, it's about talking it over and moving on...)  Don't let this fester for too long. A baby is on the way and hormones are going to be active on her side. If you want to be there for your friend, you should be able to tell her how you feel.

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 1:48 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Sophie is the French form of Sophia (Greek). It's not really a short form. It sounds like your friend and her husband have their stories mixed up. The husband may have felt put on the spot. A best friend wouldn't name their baby their friend's dead baby's name.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:45 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It's just a name hun. I understand the you are upset about your miscarriage, and you have every right to be, but
    I don't think you should be upset about the issue. They have a right to name their child whatever they would like.
    Don't mean to be bitchy.. Sorry..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i dont know. i think i would talk to my friend about it. tell her how it makes me feel. it would hurt my feelings for sure.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• its just a name... i understand the miscarriage but you dont own the name, anyone can choose it an if she happens to have a child before you do the name is free to her.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I agree with jennifer588. I would talk to her about it and let her know it hurt my feelings too. I think that it is very unsensitive of her considering the circumstance. It would definetely upset me.
    nebraskamamaof2

Answer by nebraskamamaof2 at 1:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Sorry to hear about your miscarriage!! :-(

So this isn't about a name-- this is about friendship.
    She lied to you (*sounds like), intentionally trying to hurt you.
    That's messed up.
    Either get it out in the open asap, move her out of your "inner-circle," or be ready to just move on, done with her.
    Sorry, that's lame!!
    :-(
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:44 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• its her baby let her choose her name.Why are u worried.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have been in your shoes and it shouldn't matter. If she was your friend she would respect your wishes and honor your wishes by not naming her baby that. It is just insensitive. The name is all you have left. I feel it is rude!
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2010