• In the Spotlight:

Have any of you played or known someone who played rugby? Son is interested in learning to play, but I am anxious as it looks pretty hard.

Whatkids

Asked by Whatkids at 2:00 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have watched several ruby games in person and find them exciting. Despite I am not sure of all the rules. Yes, it is a very physically intense game. But the number one sport with the most serious injuries: soccer. How many parents put their children in soccer? My three year old was hurt in soccer this past season when two teams tripped on him and they were all wearing cleats. Ouch. But no biggie. Look, in life you follow your interests and passions. All of life is a risk. Just getting pregnant is a risk. There are never any guarantees things will work out and you will have a healthy baby. But you took the risk. So let your child takes his risks in life with your support and with the proper guidance and supervision. So he comes home with a few scrapes or bruises. He tried. Or worse, let's say he breaks a bone. So? Anything worth doing in life has risks. I would love if my child did rugby.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:01 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I had a friend who played on a rugby team. He absolutely loved it! Yeah, it can be a rough game. But, so can football or any other sport, for that matter. I say let your son try it out. He'll never know if he likes it or not if you don't give him the opportunity. Can't live life in a bubble.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Never really played it and yes it looks complicated
    kgmmw

Answer by kgmmw at 9:47 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My boyfriend plays! It is complicated BUT easy to catch on to at the same time. Let him try!!!!
    HippieMom78

Answer by HippieMom78 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2010