I am so down on myself lately.. i have really low self esteem... :/

Lately, Ive just been not myself, i used to be so happy and upbeat. im upset with my body... i cant seem to lose any weight or be satisfied with how i look. I have ONE pair of jeans now because i RIPPED the other 2 (bcuz of my weight) and all my other jeans are too tight. i feel like my looks like my face are just slowly deteriorating. i have been doing so bad at work, i work hourly but if my commission is higher than my hourly i get paid that. and i have NOT been able to make commission or even get close to it in over a month. i try so hard, i do what i am supposed to and its just not working!!
i cant find a new job ive looked and have heard nothing back :(

what do you think about me? or this situation im feeling lately? im so down....

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:03 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I think...you are down. We all get that way. As far as the weight goes, put your shoes on and go out of your house and walk for seven minutes, when that time is up, turn around and walk back. Fourteen minutes. You can do it. Fast as you can.
    Get a checkup. maybe your thyroid is off or you have a vitamin deficiency. Vitamin D? Good luck, you will pull out of it. :)
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• ive been like this for a while now, i have been watching my calorie intake and working out and trying to smile and just be myself and i feel so fake.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:10 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• feel bettermoms rockTake it one thing at a time.  Maybe there is a group on cafe mom you can join to lift your spirits.

love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 2:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I strongly believe you need to start loving yourself.
    Look into www.flylady.net. I know it is about housekeeping, but it is more...it is about how you conquer things.

The ONLY person that can effectively pull you out of depression is YOU. But, you have to make changes. We resist change. It is work. HARD work. And it is worth it. Find something to like about yourself. Anything.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Do you have family or close friends near you? Maybe you need a break and a day out. Can you get a new hair style or your nails done?
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 2:15 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I also suggest a daily gratitude journal. I try to jot down 3 things every night before bed so when I am in a funk I can read them and they do perk me up. Some days it may say that the house is clean and the kids are all safely asleep. Some days it may be that I am thankful for my husband and being a SAHM... You get the idea! :)
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 2:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• yeah i have family close by, i could see if theyd keep my dd for a day and just have me time but its so rare that they DO baby sit if i need them to. idk why.

everyday i just am on verge of tears looking at myself in the mirror or putting clothes on... uh.. its just so frustrating.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• How old is your baby? Could this be PPD?
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:27 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• shes 17 months...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 2:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Aww, hun, I'm sorry. For starters, so many people are hating their jobs right now and not making enough money, so you're definitely not alone on that. Don't beat yourself up over that. The economy is horrible, and so many people are having problems like that as well. Secondly, I saw your profile pic and I think you're really cute. Us women tend to be much more critical of ourselves than other people are. I'm not loving my body either. I gave had a c section almost 10 months ago, and my body is just not the same. I know how it feels to notice your flaws, but really...you have to look at your daughter and realize that you made a GREAT trade. You may have lost the pre-baby body, but I bet she makes up for it in beauty. That's how I see it with my son. You're definitely not alone in your thoughts, but just remember that you are so much more than what you look like and how much money you make. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2010