Is Oceanview, WA or the Long Beach, WA Peninsula a good place to live?

My DF and I are thinking about relocating to the Washington coast, specifically Oceanview, and I was wondering if anyone lives there or has lived there and has any feedback on the community

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 2:54 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have visited and it is a beautiful seaside area. I WISH we could find a job around there, I would go in a heart beat.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Have you been there? Are you used to living in remote areas and are there certain stores that you could love without. What about weather wise? It never really gets warm and the wind is something else but it really deepends what you are looking for in an area. Very beautiful and lots of history to explore but it is not my kind of place.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Ok wait.....I think it is a beautiful place but now that Melbornj mentions it, all those areas are a little remote. As a tourist of course I loved it but I do like living near large cities. So I take back my wanting to move there but I LOVE to go visit for nice get aways.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• A big part of why we're considering Oceanview is that we are looking to move somewhere smaller, more remote. Both DF and I spent entire summers on the northern Oregon southern Washington coast, and my sister and her family are planning on relocating to the area by the end of the year as well.
    prinzesstephi

Comment by prinzesstephi (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I love it over there..however the weather isn't great at all
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I prefer even a Walmart within a decent driving distance. Fred Meyer is in Astoria but that is quite the drive. I live in a remote area where it takes us about an hour to get to anything but this will take a lot longer. So did you guys decide to move there?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:58 AM on Sep. 27, 2010