Is it wrong to have a few friends over 3-4 and have a few drinks with them while your child

is at home and their father is putting them to sleep? and is fine with that? He doesnt drink.

and

is it wrong to go to a good friends home, for a grill and bring your LO (the only child there but its a close friends home) and have some drinks and eat some food....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• MomNbabyGirl009... I agree they were stupid, and I understand that all people who drink are not bad- but there is the potential to let the drinking become a problem and get out of hand. Why even tempt fate that way? No one goes into drinking or doing drugs wanting to become and addict, but it doess happen. Things spiral out of control very quickly and I hate to see something that could have been avoided ruin lives and families. I know my stance is harh, but I have shared my reasons with everyone here even though it was embarrassing to do so.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I see no issues wth it as long as one person in the house is a reliable adult who is NOT drinking
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No your not doing anything wrong as long as your not getting like, hammered and incoherent. If your child is being cared for, and you want to have a casual drink than so be it; i dont and wont ever personally, but its your choice, and if your little one is safe, thats all that matters :)
    smh89

Answer by smh89 at 3:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Totally fine. Mommies are allowed to have fun even if their babies are around as long as your being responsible.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 3:32 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• as long as someone you trust is watching her and is completely sober...not drinking at all. is there to watch her then there shouldn't be a problem, but she'd need to be watched so she doesn't consume any drinks on accident.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:36 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• NO Why would that be wrong. The kids are safe and taken care of.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• No, not wrong at all. We do this just about every weekend we are in town. Our kids all have a blast and it's not like we are wasted, we just get a buzz. Last time we were out until midnight and many of the neighbors were out here too. The kids were riding their bikes around and running around at midnight. A cop stopped by and gave them all coloring books and told us to have a good night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• As long as both parents are not having a few drinks then I dont feel that there is anything wrong with it.
    kgmmw

Answer by kgmmw at 9:36 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It's fine as long as you aren't getting completely wasted and there is a sober person to drive home.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Sorry, but I think there should be no drinking and no alcolhol in a home where there are children- even if they are sleeping.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2010