My daughter think she is freak, how do i comfort her?

My daughter is a teen in middle school and she developed very early. She is the tallest girl at her school (6'0) and lets just say she has a bra size that skips the first 4 letters of the alphabet. seriously!!! People make fun of her which i don't get and people says she looks like a grown woman who can fit with her age group. I need help!!! so does anyone have any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Its mainly because the other girls are jealous, and the boys, well she is taller than them. Things will get better for her. Middle school kids can be so mean and cruel. I see it every single day, I am a teacher in middle school.
    Anonymous

• She needs to know that she is better then what people say and its not her problem when they talk behind her back. They are jealous. She needs to know that she is beautiful. She might need counseling because she is hurt mentally by this. I might even send her to a modeling school to help her with her self esteem. Also she probably great in sports. Anyone who makes fun of another person is not happy with themselves.
    MissLu

Answer by MissLu at 8:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Oh please tell her that she's not a freak. I developed late (actually at age 38 I'm still waiting to develop SOMEthing! lol) and I remember feeling complete bitter jealousy at the girls who developed a womanly shape early. No one can help it, but she's best ignoring it completely. I was being a total bi*ch about it, and so are her classmates. In the end they'll all be friends when the insecurities die down.
    krnrobey

Answer by krnrobey at 11:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Oh to be six feet tall what a beautiful thing. If she doesn't do sports already she should find one. Her size is a huge advantage number 1, and the coaches will love her for it and it will help build up her self esteem. She will also come across other girls her size and bigger. Volleyball, basketball, and swimming are just a few of the sports a girl with that size can really excel at and find a place where she is comfortable. My neighbor girl is 6 feet 1 and on scholarship for basketball, we have another woman in the neighborhood who is 6'5 and went to college on scholarship for volleyball, and another girl i know is 6'0 tall and going to USC to be on the Crew team. All gorgeous women.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• you should just tell her they are jelous and that they feel so bad about theire self they are just putting her down to feel better i do understand where she is coming from i felt like a really ugly girl in school but my mom and evryone always told me how beautiful i was till i started to believe it so i would suggest a day just for her get her a new outfit just have a girls day and just tell her how beautiful she is everyday weather she believes you or not it will sink in sometime
    Mommyandreaof2

Answer by Mommyandreaof2 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Well my daughter has the same body just about. She is very popular because she is very outspoken an has an i dont give a damm attitude. Maybe they can be penpals my daughter is a great mood booster she will bring anyones spirts up.
    jjlortiz

Answer by jjlortiz at 7:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2008