Photography question.

I have a Canon Rebel XS so it's a decent camera, I think? Anyways, my pictures are coming out blurry and out of focus BUT only in some areas of the picture so this is not due to camera shake. Do you know why this is happening and what I can do to prevent it? Thank you so much!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Could be your depth of field?
    Maybe shutter speed?
    Maybe wasn't focused right?

Was the lens hit?
    I have a lens that I can't use due to falling while taking pics and I hit the lens.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 10:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would go to the the Canon website and look it up there. There is usually a help section you can look there.

Or, do you still have the user's manual? It may be listed there in the book. Good luck.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 3:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• did u just post that pic of that family? if u did it looks like they were blotchy on the faces, is that what u were talking about?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:59 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I've checked the website and the manual, no help there. Thank you, though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:59 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yeah I posted the pic. I haven't edited it yet. We were also in a very shaded area with sun coming through so the conditions were not ideal. I'm more worried about the blurriness and out of focus, but i don't think many would notice it. This is our first family picture and I really want to use it for the wall, but idk...A friend took the picture and she is not a professional.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Try cleaning your lens. You may have water spots or something else on it. I have also seen where the film on the lens peals and may have some uneven spots. If you aren't sure take it to a camera shop or best buy and have them look at it for you.
    ImNewHere

Answer by ImNewHere at 4:03 AM on Jul. 20, 2010