Do you think children get a better education (from Public Schools) in the US or Europe?

and why do you think that? Thanks!

baboluchi56

Asked by baboluchi56 at 4:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• i have no idea ive never heard anything about education in Europe.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Considering kids in Europe are essentially booted out of school earlier than US kids unless they are smart enough for higher education, I'd say overall the US. The numbers are skewed because other countries only test the smart ones and exclude the average and below kids from the numbers.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I think it's European schools. They are ready for college by age 16, that's why they spend less time in school. I know for a fact that if I had to choose a place for my kids to go to school, it'd be India. By age 16 they are going to junior college and are learning calculus.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Europe, without a doubt. I've had friends that were foreign exchange students and they are taught harder classes at a much earlier age, plus we spent 3 yrs in Germany, they also seemed to spend more time in school. We knew some people that had a restaurant whose DD went to a local school...at the age of 7 she could speak Chinese (1st language) German and English fluently and with barely a hint of accent.
    ColleenW62

Answer by ColleenW62 at 5:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• its about the same now for public education between the two. 20 years ago say British public schools were ACE. great schools now they are more like america. barely suficient.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• other countries. U.S. is ranked really low in industrialized countries. Take Finland for example: rated number one in education for children in the world. They don't even start until the child is seven and they still rank first. There is a strong emphasis on parent child bonding before a child enters school and a strong community connection for parents to assist their child and their child's school and community they live in. In fact, we are seiously looking into going to other countries to work so that our son can get the best possible environment possible - including education. As far as U.S. pulic schools, I worked in several pulbic schools for a number of years. Needless to say my son attends a private school and will continue to do so for as long as we can afford to do so. If we can't do the private school of our choice then I will home school.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:49 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Going with Europe for the reasons stated already.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:34 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I really dont know how the schools are in Europe? I feel that every school is different and use different tactics at teaching the students.
    kgmmw

Answer by kgmmw at 9:44 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Don't know. My kids are in an awesome public school though so, I don't worry about it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:40 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have a friend from Germany. She said when she was in school that if you weren't at a certain level then you were trained for a job. She was trained in retail. After coming here to the US she went to school to be a teacher and recently retired from DJJ. I feel that the special education is lacking here in the US, I have chosen to home school my ds. I believe I will also home school his brother, but I still have a few more years to decide on that.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2010