my son is still speaking "jibberish"

he has only put 2 words together about 4 times.

he says a good amount of words, but is yet to make short sentences.
He's 18 months.

is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'd have to say its somewhat normal but you may wanna get his ears checked he may have fluid in them, my son is 22 months and still speaking jibberish, and just recently had tubes put in his ears which is helping him start to talk more and actually make more sentences
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 5:15 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• That's completely normal...veteran Mom here.. My 18 year old son didn't speak in sentences until he was about 28 months old. And he was perfectly healthy, smart as a whip. Don't worry it'll come. My 16 month old jibberjabbers all day long I haven't a clue what he's saying but it sounds pretty important. :)
    fmccoy1377

Answer by fmccoy1377 at 5:52 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• If your "mommy sense" is telling your that something is not right, then definitely get your child evaluated. Either you will find out that you were wrong, or a problem will be caught early (early intervention is always best).

My daughter was speaking in complete sentences at 18 months...

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Jul. 20, 2010