Spinoff from my Renaissance Faire Question....

which one do you go to? We are looking to start traveling to Faires and want to know which ones we should make sure to hit up.

MooNFaeRie30

Asked by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:14 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Here is one in my area Carolina Renaissance Festival
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:17 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• do NOT come to bristol wisconsin it SUCKS
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:17 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• The Georgia Renaissance is awesome. It is located in Fairburn, GA (about 20 minutes from the Atlanta Airport). They use to be open twice a year but now they are just open in the Spring from mid-April to Memorial Day weekend. Here is a link for it- http://www.garenfest.com/. There is also the Tennesse Renaissance festival, I have not been so I can not vouch for it, be from the website it looks pretty good for a small festival. http://www.tnrenfest.com/

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:04 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• The Georgia Renaissance is the same renaissance that travels all over the east coast. The same crew holds a fair in MA in the fall & a few other states. They just stay on peoples property who rent it out to them for the fair. They're all a bunch of wacko's. I worked for them for one season selling these cool boxes. A lot of them take drugs & then get all serious about their character. There is plenty of mushrooms & acid going on in those fiars. Carni's are weird folks...

BUT, i guess all those drugged up weirdo's makes for a good fair because i always have a BLAST there. This same fair will be in Boston this fall & it's the perfect time of the year to check it out. Fall in Boston is the best! Not to mention, it's in the middle of the woods & just looks really cool.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Samurai chica, I have always wondered that! Now I know why some of them are so kooky (especially the Tortuga guys) I knew they traveled around but I just love the fairgrounds where it is held at. I think it takes not only good characters, activities, shops, etc to make a good renaissance festival, but also where it is held at makes a difference too.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:43 AM on Jul. 20, 2010