Anyone know of a legitimate stay at home job for us stay at home moms. It is hard to know what is legit or not. Pleas help! Thanks

NancyRaut

Asked by NancyRaut at 7:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• check out weusecoupons.com and learn how to super coupon and stockpile you can actually make MONEY doing it
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:38 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Bump....I am anxious to see what answers you get. I too want so badly to work at home, but you're so so right, there are too many options that seen less than legit. It seems like the only ones ppl I actually know who WAH are from businesses they already worked at, like hospitals/dr offices. It just seems they lucked out and were offered a chance to WAH inputting data. But like I said, that is just the handful of ppl I know IRL who WAH. Good luck! I hope we both find something! :)
    zeppelynn

Answer by zeppelynn at 7:41 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Do you have a skill you can capitailize on, like sewing or photography? I had a sewing business out of my home before we moved. Do you want to do any childcare? If so, check out care.com and sittercity.com for people needing help. Some will bring the child to your house or you can take your child with you. Use all the security advice given at those websites. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• A few tips:
    You have Work at home Jobs and Work at Home Businesses.
    A job NEVER pay for as you are working for someone else. With a job you will have a set pay, set hours & go through an application process.
    With a business you WILL have some sort of cost to run it as it is YOURS, however there are some that are pretty inexpensive. The income is not hourly but can grow very large(NOT overnight, you will need to work hard & build it), you have the flexibility of working your own hours & no application process.

Always ask for the owners names, address(NO P.O. boxes), & what service or product they offer, also what affiliations they have or credentials.
    There are legit companies but it is overwhelming. Just keep your head up, ask lots of questions & find something you can be passionate about :-)

Hope this helped!!

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 9:40 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Getting a job in data entry is near impossible. It's not a job in demand and your best bet is to complete coursework for Medical Transcription. That's about the only way you will get paid for data entry/typing. Think about something you enjoy doing. If you love makeup, candles, chocolate, gourmet foods, customer service... anything like that. Work at home jobs are often hard to come by as they're in high demand and businesses give you much more flexibility, however they have an investment involved (can be cheap if you go with the right company) and take patience, effort and consistency to build. The only thing that will make you rich overnight is the lottery - and just remember, taxes are even killer on that!

Hope I've been able to help a little. Feel free to PM for help or suggestions.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 10:03 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/m2yscents

This is how I make money from home. I really love Scentsy!!! Happy to help with details or questions.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 10:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• there are tons of jobs.. i have a job and a low investment business, which ive never had to really invest because my paychecks covered it with plenty of profit to spare!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• So far no one has answered my question. Maybe I worded it wrong. If you know of any legitimate work at home jobs could you please let me know what they are. I am considering the babysitting idea.
    NancyRaut

Comment by NancyRaut (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i am a WAHM and am doing quite well. I home-school my 3 kids so I don't have a lot of extra time to work or extra money to invest - this business has worked out great for my family. I have a great webcast - it takes about 40 minutes - it explains the business and the company that I work with. This is a great way to see if this might be the company for you - please contact me and I will provide a code to view the webcast (the code will be good for 24 hours and you can start and stop the webcast to view)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• There are some good ones out there. Like someone else mentioned, never never pay for a 'job' I have some free options that you might want to look at post here: Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2010