What is your biggest parenting challenge?

jodi43

Asked by jodi43 at 7:56 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Patience. I think this is also my biggest life challenge.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 7:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• To get all six to graduate high school.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Right now, to keep my mouth shut when I see my grown children do things I know will have a bad outcome, I only speak if asked.

Answer by older at 7:59 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have to agree, Patience is probably my biggest challenge.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:04 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Patience too
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 8:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have one child with autism and one with dyslexia.

I think the dyslexia is the harder one. It was harder to get noticed by the school and it's way more expensive to "treat" with tutoring and such because nothing is covered by insurance. He has a very tender heart and thinks he's stupid when he's around friends and there is reading involved so he's self esteem is always getting bruised and needing tending to.

Autism has become more acceptable in the mainstream at our schools and plus he doesn't have the friends and doesn't really like people in general so the teasing and feeling different very rarely comes into play. He is more liking to think you are the stupid one and look at you funny about something than the other way around.

As for my daughter, it's always a challenge raising a teenage girl. Ask anyone. They are a  breed all their own!! LOL!!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:10 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• My youngest has aspergers ( a form of autism) and ADHD, and a subborn streak 2 miles wide
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:12 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• handling tantrums with calmness is my challenge. they get the bad tempers from me, and it is really hard to see the negatives that i have passed on. i work on it every day : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• To get my son to eat. Seems simple but he has a true eating disorder and his health is very fragile. So eating, or getting him to eat anything at all, is very hard. Therapies and specialists right and left. Parents talk about raising boys vs. girls or ages/stages they found difficult. For me, it isn't about an age or stage, gender issues - it is about good health and providng him the best life possible. When your children are born healthy, you don't have any idea what it is like for parents who love and care for a child with multiple health needs. The "big" parenting issues I would say are health/mental health and special needs. All the rest is a luxery.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:16 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• def patience with my toddler
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2010