Menstrual cramps in the front and in the back for two days now! I am 36 and 1/2 weeks pregnant.Any one else have this during pregnancy?

I was up most of the night with horrible back ache pains that feel like menstrual cramps. I am 36 1/2 weeks with my pregnancy. I do go to the doctor today however they do not check me until 38 weeks.Could this be a sign of pre term labor or just my cervix starting to open. Any thoughts or experiences with this?

michelle146

Asked by michelle146 at 8:01 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, those could be labor pains. Make sure you mention them to your doctor on your visit today.
    Good luck!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:05 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yup, take your bag with you to the dr visit

Answer by admckenzie at 8:49 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would say they are labor pains, I would mention it to your doctor when you go in today. So that they can closely monitor you! Good luck.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:23 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• That is exactly how I felt when I began labor. It could still be days or even weeks away though!!
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2010