Chicken breast in the crock pot?

I have never put chicken in the crock pot but was wondering if anyone had any yummy recipes? I was thinking putting soup over it. Suggestions?

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 8:06 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We've put those whole little chickens in the crock. Put it in with whatever marinade you want, let it cook for however long it says and it is very moist and yummy when done.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:09 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Main-Dish/Slow-Cooker/Chicken/Top.aspx

here is a great list of slow cooker chicken recipes, i always cook with my crock pot love it
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:12 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i have a big family - we use several crockpots at a time...LOL!
    and chicken...yes ma'am!
    chicken breast with seasonings, veggies and a can of cream of mushroom soup...in the crock for a few hours...oh my! Deeeeelish!
    Leezah

Answer by Leezah at 8:18 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I cook chicken in the crock pot all the time and have a bunch of different recipes. Since I don't know what your family likes in the way of seasonings, it is hard to pick one. You can do pretty much anything in the crock that you can do in the oven, so if you have a favorite recipe, it can probably be adapted for the crock. If you want more information, let us know. The name of the book I have is FIX-IT AND FORGET-IT LIGHTLY. All the recipes are dieter friendly(low-fat, low-sodium, etc.) and every one I've made has been delicious.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i like chicken stroganoff, chicken and stuffing, pulled chicken sandwich list goes on and on
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I've done it - I use allrecipes.com and the Fix it and Forget it book that the pp's have said.
    One thing I learned, is that chicken in a crockpot does not need to cook more than 4 hours or else it's too dried out.
    Or I'm just a horrible crockpot chicken cook!
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 8:30 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• lol ARmom- i have learned that as well.. it gets to try or mushed out unless you start from frozen after 4 hrs
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 8:31 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• when I throw in chicken breasts I just put seasoning salt and butter in with it, it is so simple and so good
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken Soup would work over chicken in the crockpot.
    Go to Cooks.com for some good recipes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:28 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• i start with frozen chicken as well in the crockpot. Cover with a can of tomato juice (small) and taco seasoning. Shred it up and serve with tortillas and taco seasonings.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:00 AM on Jul. 20, 2010