would YOU buy this house? only $29,000?

•Single Family Property
•4 total bedroom(s)
•1 total bath(s)
•1 total full bath(s)
•Approximately 1400 sq. ft.
•Single story
•Master bedroom is 13x15
•Living room is 22x11
•Kitchen is 16x11
•Laundry room is 12x04, In House
•In ground Swimming pool
•Exterior construction: Frame, Vinyl Siding, Wood Siding
•Roofing: Shingle
•Approximately 0.28 acre(s)
•Lot size is less than 1/2 acre

The areas isn't exactly "good", but not "bad". It is on the edge of the city limits. Walking distance to SO's job. Unfortunately this would be city school for ds, which isnt a good thing, but at this mortgage price we could afford private school lol. I havent even seen the place yet. So this is all hypothetically speak! I cant fit a photo in here, but it isnt all that bad looking. And at that price we will be able to afford to make it cosmetically pleasing.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 8:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would be concerned about the area going down in the next few years. I also would not be thrilled about only 1 bathroom...as a family of 4, I know we wouldn't be able to cope with just 1. And I certainly wouldn't do anything at all without an inspection first. If the inspection goes well, you're not concerned about the area, and you're okay with only 1 bathroom, then yes, it's definitely worth considering--your mortgage payment would be very low.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Wow! That is AWESOME! One thing to remember, hire a contractor to come out and let you know anything that's wrong with it. If the roof is caving in, floor boards are rotting and termites are eating it up, then it's not a good idea. Good luck!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 8:46 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• That's quite a deal, depending on what the home inspector tells you! Still a deal if there is some repair work to be done. Good Luck!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:59 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• It's 29,000 for a four bedroom home at 1400 sq. ft?
    No, not unless I had the money to fix it up. You have to remember that the lower the price the worse the condition it will be in.
    You would be better off, unless you're in construction or DH is, to buy a house that doesn't need work.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• at that price I am sure it will need more than just cosmetic work done. Go check it out the worse that can happen is you don't like it. Make sure you have it inspected by a qualified home inspector
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would be very susicious about such a low price. Find out what you can about the house and then pay for an inspection. It could be a good starter home for you and you guys could put some work into it and sell for higher later, but make sure it's structurally sound first.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I would, sounds like a bargain! But I plan on building my own house instead of buying.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 8:44 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Sounds real good to me. The school's are something that you could work around.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:45 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I'd check the crime stats for the area. I'd check the value of the other houses in the neighborhood. I'd pay an inspector to make sure there are not thousands of dollars of repairs needed. BTW, schools in some not so great neighborhoods have great teachers (govt incentive) so the education may be better than in the "better" areas.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:48 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• my goodness I meant "hypothetically speakING" lol
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 8:48 AM on Jul. 20, 2010