Do you buy your LO new clothes for school? How much?

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 8:52 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in

• i usually by 5 sets of clothes and then i buy like 5 extra shirts that can be matched up and its like having 15 sets instead, i also by 2 pairs of shoes,here in tx tax free weekend is aug 20,21,22 so those are good days to by i usest to go ot walmart when the had a layaway put all in there and then on tax free week i walked in cancelled my orders had them put in my buggy walk up to the register and walla i was done but now we have no layaways so i am already scouting for good items for my last two at home
    mysterzone

Answer by mysterzone at 11:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• We purchase only what she absolutely needs, not new clothes just because school is starting. This year, it looks like she'll be needing shoes and I'm not sure what else yet, if anything.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:33 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Yes. My daughter is 4 and starting her second year of preschool. Last year I bought 6-7 complete outfits and I intend to do the same this year.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:24 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I always try to get them one new outfit and new shoes. The rest that they need, I second-hand store it. They hate it but soon they forget where the clothes come from.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I usually don't buy much right when school starts because it is still really hot here in TX and their summer clothes are fine. Once it gets a little cooler, then I do. I do take advantage of tax free weekend to buy new backpacks and shoes if they need them.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 2:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2010