Anyone ever try stuffed grape leaves?

It's a mediterranean dish, very much loved by the arabs, any experiences?

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 8:52 AM on Jul. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yes. They are freaking delicious. The grocery store by my house just remodeled and they have this great new produce department with a huge antipasti bar, and the stuffed grape leaves they have are to die for.
    Although, oddly enough, Grappa is the nastiest crap I've ever drank. Take that for what it's worth. =)
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 8:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Mmmmm....LOVE LOVE LOVE stuffed grape leaves!!!!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:59 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I tried them years ago at a Greek restaurant and didn't like them. Would like to try them again. I may have a better opinion now.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:59 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• YUM!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2010

• interesting answers. At the end of june and into july , the kids and I go pick the local wild vine leaves. I was them then dry them and put them into containers in the fridge with kosher salt and lemon juice. then I rinse then and stuff with a seasoned mixture of brown rice and ground meat ( lamb, beef, Salmon, or beef and lamb) and cook them covered in the oven or crock pot. I always think I am making a butt load but they go VERY quickly and my neighbors are always begging for some....Oh, and my ancestors are Canadian, German, English, Ukrainian, and my husband is Finnish , Italian and Syrian. My best friend was Greek and we are adventurous eaters,

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 4:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2010